Who am I and what do I do?
Hi, I am Nick Sweeney, creator of PathAgape, and I welcome you!
I am a spiritual mentor, healer, and counselor, with over fifteen years of professional experience working with clients.
The word spiritual refers to the process of seeking awareness and understanding of who and what we are beyond our names, our personalities, our egos, our bodies, our thoughts, our feelings, and the circumstances and events of our lives.
Therefore, spirituality refers to a process of gaining ever clearer and deeper self-awareness and self-knowledge.
Most importantly, to grow in our spirituality means to grow in our capacity to love ourselves and others unconditionally.
I use Evolutionary Astrology (as taught by the internationally known and well-respected, Steven Forrest), The Reiki System of Natural Healing, and The Michael Teachings as tools to help people grow in their spiritual awareness, heal and live more meaningful and fulfilling lives.
hat I do in essence is far more simple; I help people learn how to love themselves.
The best way to get the most from our work together
Below is an outline of the path of working with me that I have found to be the most effective and supportive of my client’s spiritual healing and evolution.
- The first place to begin is with an Astrological Natal-Chart Reading. Through your natal chart, I connect deeply with the bigger picture of your life in terms of unresolved karmic issues (wounds and traumas) from the past that
areripe this lifetime to be healed and the specific evolutionary pathway forward for you to heal that karma and begin to experience a more magical and fulfilling life. This is a very specific and compassionate look at who you are, what holds you back from experiencing more peace, freedom, and fulfillment and how to heal, grow and experience more of your highest possibilities and potentials.
- The next step I recommend would be the Astrological Transit and Progression Reading. This reading is like an astrological weather forecast that shows the current life patterns, challenges, opportunities and possibilities that are up for you now and that you must learn to navigate wisely at the time we begin working together. This reading puts your life and our work together in perspective in terms of what is the most immediate and critical areas of healing and growth for you NOW.
These first two methods of interacting with and getting to know you allow me to establish quick rapport with you, while also giving my intuition plenty of information and insight about you with which to begin understanding who you are at a deep level, what this
- Next, if you wish to continue working with me, I recommend receiving regular, Reiki Healing Sessions to accelerate your growth and evolution and support you on your spiritual healing journey. Together we will agree upon a treatment plan that will work best for you, a plan that includes regular check-ins to make sure you are experiencing tangible benefits from our work together.
- After receiving a few healing sessions, you will likely know whether or not you would like to move on to the next step and phase of our work together which goes deeper into forming a spiritual mentoring relationship, and that step would be learning how to use The Reiki System of Natural Healing for yourself as a spiritual healing path and practice. At the least, this would mean taking a Reiki I class to learn the basics of how to begin opening your awareness to your own spiritual life-force, and at the most would mean committing to taking all of the classes on the full Reiki training path: Reiki I, Reiki II and Reiki Master (Teacher). Reiki is what blew my perceptions of myself and life wide open and planted me firmly on my true spiritual path as a healer. I can’t recommend it highly enough as a simple yet powerful path and practice for remembering who you truly are and getting on with loving yourself and experiencing your higher possibilities as a spiritual being having a human experience.
I recommend one more step after Reiki training, and it is an extra step for those who intuitively feel drawn to take it. This step is all about healing and evolving through studying with a non-physical teacher through me, the medium (or channel).
- If you resonate with The Michael Teachings, you may be one of their students with whom they have worked and taught across many lifetimes, and you may benefit immensely from studying with them again in this lifetime. For some of us older souls, we not only have in-the-flesh teachers and mentors that we consciously seek out and use for support but also spirit or non-physical teachers and mentors who help us along our spiritual and evolutionary life journies. As one of Michaels’ (I use the plural form of their name because Michael is a group soul consciousness) students, I can say that working with them through a channel (my channeling mentor, the ever dedicated and inspiring Troy Tolley of TruthLoveEnergy) and learning and applying their teachings to my own personal challenges, has been one of the most profound and liberating experiences of my life. They helped me to crystallize my experience of unconditional love, and I have never looked back.
Finally, my wild card service is Intuitive Reading & Counseling (sometimes with and sometimes without the use of Tarot Cards). This intuitive work can be useful anytime within or outside of the recommended flow of our sacred work together as shared above, whenever you have immediate and pressing questions, concerns and decisions to be made about any specific area of your life: work, love, money, home, creativity, travel, spirituality, etc. Or you may not have any pressing concerns but simply want a reading for the fun of it and for a general look at the energies in your life at any given moment. I don’t recommend this service in my general spiritual mentoring plan because it is not critical for doing my best work with you. However, these readings are fun and magical for me to do and always insightfully healing and informative for my clients.
If you’ve read this far, you likely have a much better understanding of who I am and what I do, as well as how I can be of service to you.
And of course, read on for more! I look forward to sharing PathAgape with you.
What is “PathAgape”?
“Agape” refers to our ultimate existence in the embrace of unconditional love. Life already loves us. We wake up to this embrace as we heal and learn to love ourselves.
PathAgape is the path we travel when we want to create deep and lasting transformation and healing. It is the pathway to peace and wholeness, knowing the soul, healing the wounds from the past and creating a brighter and more fulfilling future.
More About Me
PathAgape is the path I walk, a
After all, this is the whole point of seeking spiritually. This is the truth that is shared from the heart of all of the world’s major spiritual traditions-that we are loved unconditionally by the Source. Really getting this truth is the core of the spiritual journey, and this realization, even at the tiniest levels, is a game changer. It allows us to be innocent, as we have been created and to embrace the trial-and-error, experimental and evolutionary learning experience that is Earth School. And we are no longer weighed down by self-hate, self-rejection, self-criticism, negative comparisons to others and the like.
Before Reiki came into my life in 2002, I lived most of my days in a very painful state of self-hate, self-rejection, and self-criticism. I was also lost under the weight of familial and societal pressure to be someone that had no resemblance to who I am at my core. Like many of us, I felt like I was a hamster on a wheel, running, running, running to get somewhere but never arriving and never feeling fulfilled. And like many of us, I wanted to escape all the pain that this way of living caused by losing myself in a relationship or in the fantasies of escaping life on the physical plane through spiritual transcendence.
During my first Reiki initiation, I glimpsed my soul and its unconditionally loved and loving reality. Once glimpsed, I had to have more and understand more. Although I had already been exploring Eastern spiritual traditions and meditation, as well as studying Astrology and intuitive paths like the Tarot for years before Reiki came into my life, I had not actually glimpsed my soul. Reiki put me firmly on my authentic path of seeking and finding, which lead me to channeled sources of insight and information such as Abraham-Hicks, Lazaris, and Michael.
It was Michaels’ teaching that gave me a key and showed me the doorway to understanding my life in a radically compassionate and empowered way. I walked through that door and found myself at peace and at home in my own skin.
For as long as I can remember, I have felt blessed and in awe of life, in spite of having experienced physical and emotional abuse as a child. And I have always wanted to share that experience of feeling blessed and in awe of life with others.
My evolutionary journey has been about discovering the truth of who I am versus who I was taught to be, learning how to heal myself and how to experience my own soul essence so that I can then truly support others in healing and making that connection for themselves.
PathAgape represents where I am now on my journey, and I use this vehicle to share all that I have learned so far. And when I say so far, I am referring to my entire grand cycle incarnating here in Earth School…for Michael has taught me that when you begin to manifest your true soul age and essence, you have intuitive access to all that your soul has learned during its physical plane journey throughout all of its incarnations. And of course, I am still learning.
I love Evolutionary Astrology, The Reiki System of Natural Healing and The Michael Teachings. I share these teachings and tools with you because they have helped me and continue to help me come home to and comprehend my true self.
I would say that the following sums up my understanding and intent with PathAgape:
When you get to know and love your personality/ego, then you get to know and love your soul, and when you get to know and love your soul, then you get to know and love your personality/ego.
There is no true division. All is one.
My Professional Background
I am an inspired Evolutionary Astrologer, Reiki Master-Teacher, and Michael Channel. I am dedicated to teaching others how to connect to their own truths through grounded and practical exploration of spirituality and healing and illuminating the extraordinary in the ordinary.
My passion to understand and heal myself has lead to me studying four different Reiki lineages based in Eastern and Western philosophy and practice, and becoming a Reiki Master in three of them: Usui Shiki Ryoho (2006), Reiki Jin Kei Do (2007), Gendai Reiki-ho (2008) and Reiki Tummo (2012).
My love for Reiki began in 2002, when a friend introduced me to it and it sparked my curiosity. After this initial introduction to this spiritual healing practice, I later trained with the late Margaret Ann Case of the former Reiki Arts Continuum. I completed her 450hr Reiki Master/Spiritual Healing/Spiritual Counseling Certification Program, her 120hr Teacher Training Program (2005-2007), as well as 3yrs of Mentoring and Co-teaching Reiki I and Reiki II classes at the New York Open Center (2006-2009). During this time of rigorous study, healing and growth, as a part of my spiritual healing and counseling certification requirements, I was ordained as a Priest in the Order of Melchizedek (Sanctuary of the Beloved).
I created my private spiritual healing and counseling practice under the name of Phoenix Wisdom Healing (2006), which later became PathAgape (2014).
As a student of Astrology for over 20 years, I have professional certification in Medieval and Modern Astrology through the Academy of Predictive Astrology (London) and the National Council for Geocosmic Research. In 2017, I began studying with the internationally renowned Evolutionary Astrologer, Steven Forrest and have professional certification within his school of Evolutionary Astrology. I have been practicing Astrology professionally for 10 years.
In 2012 and 2013, I worked as a Professional Intuitive Guide at The Crystal Matrix (Los Angeles), integrating my 15 years of studying the intuitive arts, psychic development,
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Theater from Oberlin College and a Master of Fine Arts in Acting from the American Conservatory Theater.
Originally from Nashville, TN, I currently reside in La Mesa, CA, just outside of San Diego.
Fun Tidbits About Me
- Born when the sun was in the sign of Capricorn (the elder), moon in Scorpio (the shaman) and rising sign in Cancer (the healer).
- Numerological life-path number of 3, along with an expression number of 3. That’s a double dose of 3 energy (creativity and communication), folks!
- Spiritual family’s nickname is “The Sweetheart Entity” (Michael Teachings Terminology).
- Loves dark chocolate with almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, or just about any other kind of nut.
- Played the role of Hud twice in the musical “HAIR” (once in high school and once in college), and played the role of Leading Player twice in the musical “Pippin” (once in high school and once in college).
- Favorite movie of all time is “The Color Purple,” and I can do a mean impression of just about every character in the movie, as well as practically perform the whole movie from start to finish by myself. Ok, I’m exaggerating…a little…but not by much!
- Auditioned for a role in the movie “Sister Act 2.” Got a call-back, too!
- Favorite color has always been blue (although, in the past few years, green and violet have been a close 2nd and 3rd).
- Loves many different tarot decks, but The Comic Tribe deck is my personal favorite (with the Thoth deck as a close 2nd)
- Truly believes that the answer to every existential question and the best solution to every problem is LOVE.
If you would like to chat and/or work with me, do not hesitate to get in touch. Go to my contact page, reach out and let’s connect.
I wish you the deep peace, freedom and fulfillment of knowing who you truly are.